Monday 20 July 2009

School holidays are here, were can I hide!!!!

Well the school holidays are here at last. But the problem is not with my Youngest Jack, it is with the eldest Connor. All he does is moan, wants money spending on him and entertaining. He doesnt seem capable of doing it himself. I am sad to say this but he acts like an uber spoilt baby. I am sick to death of telling him that his dad will be out of work in September. It seems to go in one ear and out the other. And it is starting to grind me down. I want to give him a good shake and tell him to get a grip!!!!!
But I love them both so much, I dont want to. I feel like I want to run away and hide for the 6 weeks. I take my hats off to those teachers they must have nerves of steel. Jack just seems to accept this brothers behaveiour and gets on with life. They are two totally different people, Jack is laid back and well erm scruffy!!! Connor has to have the best and is fragile.
I wish the school holidays wernt so long. when we were kids we had to entertain ourselves and be quiet, now all they want is well erm everything!!!! I aint no millionaire and I fed up of explaining this to them.
Everything is so expensive, and you have to plan in advance so you can save up for it. I hate parents who get themselves into debt to keep little Davey happy. No should mean no!!!!! It has taken me a long time to think like this and yes I am guilty of this in the past. But its belt tightening time. One parent working and looks like one parent not working, its going to be hard, but we will do it, even if I have to shop in charity shops and look for bargains.

1 comment:

  1. Nowt wrong with charity shops! I've found some great stuff in them. Me and my daughter love nosing about in them, its almost like going to someone elses house and snopping through the wardrobe to see if there is anything you like lol.
    I'm in a similar situation with my daughter not seeming to understand that money doesn't grow on trees and there not really being enough to be giving her money to spend on junk all the time.

    ReplyDelete